Advanced Custom Fields
- Could be compared to JetEngine, Extras For Elementor, and WP User Frontend Pro
- More expensive than JetEngine
- Can’t create custom post types, so it must be used with CPT UI or custom code.
- Needs an additional plugin to handle admin columns
- Very powerful, but more labor intensive setting things up
- Flexible for coders
- Dean recommends this plugin
- Most ACF training is handling it from a coding point of view
- Does one job: creates metafields. Beyond that, you have to use third-party plugins or custom code
- A lot of other plugins expand on this
- Makes relationships very easy and straightforward
- A more mature and developed product than JetEngine
- Tons of third-party tools that work with this
- Supports more meta fields than JetEngine, but the gap is closing quickly.
- Free version: Limited styling options, limited WooCommerce integration, limited payment gateways
Advanced Post Queries
- Author is Current User. The logged in user will only see posts that he/she is the author of.
- Author is Current Author. Show other posts by the current author.
- Custom Field is Current User. The logged in user will only see posts where the custom field equals his/her ID, email, or username, based on whichever key you choose.
- Pre Expired Posts. Choose a custom date field ( in “Ymd” format ) that returns an expiration date. Only non-expired posts will show.
- Expired Posts. Choose a custom date field ( in “Ymd” format ) that returns an expiration date. Only expired posts will show.
- Start and end dates. Choose 2 custom date fields ( in “Ymd” format ) that return a start and end date. Only posts within between these 2 dates will show.
- Query by the time.
- Dynamic Related Posts. Show posts that are dynamically hand picked by a relationship or post object field.
- Dynamic Related Terms. Show posts that are dynamically hand picked by a taxonomy field.
- Custom Field is Current Post ID. Show posts that contain a custom field that is equal to the current post.
Similar Field Values
- Custom Field is Value. Show posts that contain a custom field with a similar value.
- Custom Field Contains Value. Show posts that contain a custom field with one of many values.
- Dynamic OrderBy. Dynamically order the posts by a custom field.
- OrderBy Last Modified. Order posts by last modified date.
ACF Medium Editor
- Provides a customizable WYSIWYG editor field
- Most be used with ACF Pro or the ACF repeater field
- Giving me problems with Elementor. I can sometimes merge the field, but often won’t
- Bidirectional fields
ACF Frontend Form for Elementor
ACF Frontend [Forms] Pro
- Study this one***